Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL spot welder???

GazOC

Welding sounds a bit brutal for such a job Gaz, what are the pieces like, and are they steel aluminium, what. How thick are they.

Perhaps a pic. would give an indication of what would suffice to do the task.

Ron. :police:

Sorry I reread your post. I am thick you know. Spot welded you say, Anything over 2mm snookers me I am afraid.

I don't think it'll bolt, I'd need to drill into the bottom plate in a really awkward place. I'm going to take it into the fitters at work and see if they can come up with anything.....should keep 'em busy all day!!

They'll have a whole project team on it within the hour - schematics, analysis, destruction tests ...... hey, it takes the mind off the boring day to day job!

When I was doing my OU degree I had to do a basic level maths course because I'd been out of education so long and needed to brush up. I took an equation in one day that I was having trouble with that practically shut the laboratory down for the day. They arn't so smart when you put them on the spot!! :police:

When I was doing my OU degree I had to do a basic level maths course because I'd been out of education so long and needed to brush up. I took an equation in one day that I was having trouble with that practically shut the laboratory down for the day. They arn't so smart when you put them on the spot!! :police:

Hope they don't get to read your appraisal of them Gaz, or your metal fusion job may end up a small pile of molten metal.

:D

Job done, I never doubted the lads for a moment.... :police:

I'm now the proud owner of a 14" Dob with dual speed Crayford focuser, it certainly looks the business!! :D

Picture, picture, we must have a picture.

:D

Archived