Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Saturn

pixueto

Great image.

Be good to know what set up you used?

Thank you for your comments, I used a SW200P reflector on an EQ5 with dual axis motor. Also a Tal3X barlow and Philips SPC 880. Sharpcap and Registax software. about 2000 frames and 300 stack.

Please feel free to play around with the picture if you want to. I did use a RGB align but I was getting a strange hue around the rings. Don’t you think the image is out of focus? I ordered a Bahtinov mask. Is it any good with planets?

blue-red colors on the top/bottom edges are due to atmoshperic dispersion. As Saturn is low this can't be avoided (unless you have a dispersion corrector which isn't cheap - or a mono camera that can limit the dispersion effect).

Bahtinv mask focusing on planets isn't as effective as on stars for DS imaging. The best thing is to slowly focus looking at the screen display.

Archived