NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I got clear skys

redfox1971

Had broken cloud all evening. Been out since 01:00 cloud dodging. Quite frustrating - as soon as I point bins or scope at an objects location clouds rush to block the view :p

Did manage to get a reasonable look at Orion but had planned lots more.

Going to bed now, put tonight down to experience....grrrr!

It cleared up here in Beds a bit before midnight and I got about two hours of shots before the clouds came in!

It eventually cleared again, a slightly frustrating night with a fraction of the shots I was hoping to get! Still, it's great when you gamble and it does pay off!

Clear here on the Mull Of Galloway last night - windy though so a fair bit of scope wobble. First proper session with scope and was pleased with it - set up the GOTO roughly (in hurry to try out in case the clouds came in) and it was pretty good - targets mainly at the edge of FOV using 25 mm EP. I was out for about 2 hours but oh it was cold by the end - however very happy to gat a bit of a session in :p

Yup missus woke me saying it was raining at 4am :icon_salut:

Oh well, on inspection this morning just a few drops of the primary that a high pressure air hose will blow off :p

Left the scope and CCD running but not doing anything and now taking flats for the subs I got last night.

It was feeling a bit damp underfoot last night.

Woke up this morning to find I've killed the middle of the lawn, it's just mud now. :p I was paddling around on the grass with heavy dew and the earlier rain we had.

not a problem I've encountered before.

Derek

Archived