Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hyperion zoom problem.

Gunnar

Hi.

First of all I want to say that the guys at FLO show outstanding customer service, and I will contact Martin about this to see what to do. I am convinced that they will sort it out for me in a good way.

However I have this problem with my 9 months old Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Zoom.

The problem is that it`s impossible to change zoom when temperature is getting below +2 celsius. The zoom is now wery hard to twist on lower temperatures and there`s also a few black fragments building up behind the optical lenses. So now I can only zoom in room temperature. Is this a common problem for this zoom eyepiece?

Anyone know a fix for this? Is it possible to open up the zoom eyepiece for an easy fix? I will not ship back to FLO for the second time if it`s possible to fix this by myself due to expensive shipment, already had this zoom back to FLO once for repair/replacement.

Thanks

Gunnar

Guess the lubricant is fairly thick/viscous and at low temperatures is too thick to allow you to change the zoom easily. Guess it simply becomes pretty solid.

Only real option is to replace it for something thinner, but cannot think of anyone that would strip a zoom lens.

Archived