Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

eBay Stuff - Suspicious?

Astrosurf

Hi all,

I'm looking for a cheaper Astronomik EOS Clip-in LPF and saw these. They do look a bit odd as both are supposed to be LPFs but are two different colours, have the same specs but are from two different sellers, supposedly. Also, the statement 'The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear' is a bit odd. Either it has or it hasn't. They should know. I feel I should avoid these, but I'm desperate to get one. What do you think?

Astronomik CLS Clip filter to Suit Canon EOS | eBay

Astronomik CLS Clip filter for Canon DSLR Camera LPR Light Pollution | eBay

Alexxx

i think that the seller condition description 'The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear' is a generic message from ebay that is slected froma drop down menu when you sell and want to list an item as having been used - its basically to make you aware its not a mint new item.

As for the colour difference I suspect its more to do with the angles they have been shot from and the lighting/flash, not really so suspicous. I've seen lots of items that were listed by North star astronomy and they seem quite genuine if a little on the expensive side for second hand goods!

Both sellers though have a good feedback and I think you can be as sure as one can be that your purchase will be safe, if you really are worried try t use a credit card and you will have that added security that your cc company will refund you if you get problems.

Archived