cant see anything through new scope sw200p

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has already been answered ..... but I had the same trouble when i first started :p

I think you need to put an extention tube into your focuser first ... then put the eyepeice attatchment into that ... then put the eyepeice in :icon_salut: the problem with mine was a lack of outward travel .. Hope that makes sence and helps...

Regards MM

Sorry if this has already been answered ..... but I had the same trouble when i first started :p

I think you need to put an extention tube into your focuser first ... then put the eyepeice attatchment into that ... then put the eyepeice in :icon_salut: the problem with mine was a lack of outward travel .. Hope that makes sence and helps...

Regards MM

I think he's resolved the problem.. the retailer had shipped the scope with the adapter missing, and then sent the guy the wrong replacement

i have the 2 inch hole on top of focuser, then a ring with 2 screws,then 2inch to 1.25 adaptor fits into that, then eyepiece into 2 - 1.25 adaptor (ie like a top hat)

Is the item in bold above removable? Does it look like this?

kingbee-albums-10-skywatcher-delivered-picture775-002.jpg

If so that is the 2" adapter, and it shouldn't be there. It's only used for 2" eyepieces, and you don't have any of those. That's whats causing the problem because its placing the eyepiece so far from the scope that you can't get focus.

The correct setup should be: focuser, then 1.25" adapter, then eyepiece. Try that.

Hi,

Glad you managed to get the focus working.

I agree with Olly and Malcolm, I would recommend that you delay the start of the imaging phase until you gain some real confidence it using the nice equipment you have, otherwise you may become disappointed with the results, give yourself a chance to know your way around the sky.

I know that it can be hard to be patient.... look out for a Star Party in your area, I think Nina will be organising a Cumbria SP 5 based at Longtown sometime in the Spring 2012. This would give you a great opportunity to meet up and talk to the people doing imaging. They will be more than happy to show you how to image, and what is involved in the post processing stages. They can discuss with you what essential equipment you need and how much it will cost. I believe their advice will save you loads of pennies!!!!

Incidentally, the Philips spc900nc is an excellent webcam when fiited with an 1.25" IR Filter and is ideal the Moon and the planets. It may be difficult to get one though....

There is a good book you might like to read in the meantime called

Digital Astrophotography by Stefan Seif link below

Digital Astrophotography: A Guide to ... - Stefan Seip - Google Books

Trust the above is helpful.

Cheers

Adrian

Middle one in top left goes into the bottom left piece making a 2" to 1.25" adaptor. Bottom right is an extender that takes a 1.25" eyepiece, top right looks like a shorter extender (maybe 2"). The two side ones in top left picture just look like extenders too. I suspect one or two items are threaded to screw onto focuser tubes. :p

Looks like a variety of combinations to fit whatever camera you attach or to correct backfocus issues or coma.

Archived