NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

what am I missing

singlespeedman

I want some new 2 inch epos and my birthday is a mere 7 weeks away and have come across, what I see as the same kit, with massive price variance - am I missing something?

http://www.telescopios.eu/celestron-eyepiece-and-filter-kit-p-15903.html?currency=GBP&language=gb

v

Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit 50.8mm

Same eyepieces but I don't know why the price varies so much. They are not great eyepieces to be honest - a version of the kellner design which is the same design as the basic ones supplied with scopes but in the 2" format.

I think a Skywatcher Panaview would be a better bet.

I was looking at getting something at a decent price within reason of the wifes state of mind regarding my recent telescope purchases. I hope the for sale section is back very soon so I can get a wanted list up as the members I have dealt with have been very good regarding price etc.

Plus the wife does not know about the impending 300p as I am scared to tell her after I said I needed a new macbook and iPad this year. She who must be obeyed has not taken up the passion for standing outside and freezing to death (I am a keen fisherman so used to it) so that also means her understanding of my needs (read desire) is missing a little of my enthusiasm

I was looking at getting something at a decent price within reason of the wifes state of mind regarding my recent telescope purchases. I hope the for sale section is back very soon so I can get a wanted list up as the members I have dealt with have been very good regarding price etc.

Plus the wife does not know about the impending 300p as I am scared to tell her after I said I needed a new macbook and iPad this year. She who must be obeyed has not taken up the passion for standing outside and freezing to death (I am a keen fisherman so used to it) so that also means her understanding of my needs (read desire) is missing a little of my enthusiasm

tell her the scope was a free gift with the macbook and ipad:D

I married a real gem, she hates spending money!!!!! Thought it was a stroke of genius until she started looking at my purchases. Being a hardcore computer geek that literally builds networks for large companies and a massive gadget head means she watches me like a hawk. My impulse buys are rarely less than three digits.

Oh and I love rec wine so mix a little christmass break with an iPad, a bottle of chianti, a need to stop playing swtor for a couple of hours, the Internet and very little impulse control and you already have my new guide scope, guide cam and two new lenses for the 127 mk inbound.

:D

Sounds like your wife balances your life a bit :-)

I used to spend nothing on myself, maybe a book or magazine every month at most... Then I found this hobby. Now I've been consumed by consumerism!

Archived