Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What eyepieces do I need?

Hello,

I want to buy the Skywatcher Skyliner 250p (f/4.7) and am planning ahead to see what eps I might need. I have read the sticky thread and whilst being confused slightly I think that I would need:

2x Barlow

8/7mm

18mm

25mm

Does this seem correct, Also what brands would be best as I believe this is a fast scope and they need better quality eps.

Thanks

Midge

Don't rush into buying accessories beyond:

A red torch

A good guide to the night sky

A collimation tool such as a cheshire eyepiece

The world of eyepieces is even more complex than the world of scopes and the 250PX is quite demanding on eyepieces (I see you know this)

Take your time, get used to using the scope with the supplied eyepieces, then consider investing carefully on the basis of that experience.

Don't rush into buying accessories beyond:

A red torch

A good guide to the night sky

A collimation tool such as a cheshire eyepiece

The world of eyepieces is even more complex than the world of scopes and the 250PX is quite demanding on eyepieces (I see you know this)

Take your time, get used to using the scope with the supplied eyepieces, then consider investing carefully on the basis of that experience.

What would you recommend as a good guide to the night sky>

Archived