Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Experimental Solar processing

I've been having another play with my Solar processing and the result is presented here: SW Evostar 120mm Achromatic stopped to 100mm, Canon 1000D, Baader Solar filter, No other filters.

I think that I have managed to extract far more surface granulation that I used to and have a better overall contrast - although it could be a bit "harsh"?

Comments and criticism most welcome!!!

Images are from today (20 Dec 2011) and are made from exactly the same stack in Registax - the only "extras" are in Photoshop - mainly levels and curves and a new process of false colouration. Top is "original" lower one is "New":

20December2011JPEG.jpg

20Dec2011ExperimentalFinalProcess.jpg

Wow, squeezed it dry you did indeed but it isn't harsh. It's bang on the limit I'd say.

Mighty fine piece of work.

A while back there was a white light solar image in the French mag which really was a killer. From memory he had used a narrower bandpass Baader solar film optimized for photography and I think he'd shot through a green filter as well. I can't be sure. I'd be inclined to follow up the photographic film though. Sorry I can't be more specfic.

Olly

Archived