Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First DSO sketch attempt

tbird

With the clearest skies for ages I thought I would have a go at sketching my observations. I've had a couple of poor attempts at drawing Jupiter and these are my first trys at DSO's.

Drawn on white, in pencil then image reversed in Paint. I was having some difficulty with the wind moving the scope and even though I was working with a red light, I found it was affecting my vision at the eyepiece.

Telescope SW 300p, EP 25mm BST explorer and 13mm Nagler.

Any comments appreciated.

M81 & M82

bodes.jpg

M31, M32 & M110

m31.jpg

M33

m33.jpg

The 25mm BST explorer will show M32 at one edge of the FOV with a hint of brightness from M110 at the opposite side, if that gives you some idea.

I pleased you feel it's an accurate representation of what you see at the eyepiece.

I not so happy with M33, what I was trying to capture was the areas of brightness I could see and especially the knot of stars in the lower part of the picture. I've not spent as long observing M33 as Amdromeda Galaxy. With a bit more time I think I get more detail.

Archived