Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 5" Maksutov V Celestron 6SE Nexstar SCT

Would like to ask if there would be much difference between a Skywatcher 127 5" Maksutov Skymax and a Celestron 6SE Nexstar SCT in terms of what your able to see on the moon and planets and detail and overall quality like contrast etc. Which performs better the Maksutov or the SCT and I know some will say that as the SCT is bigger by 1 inch in aperture, But are there any other relevant factors between them with a Maksutov and a SCT. I am seriously considering a Celestron 6SE as its within my budget and cannot really afford the 8SE and anyone got a 6SE and what are they like and do these need COLLIMATING and also how do you go about updating the software on the Nexstar handset. Would appreciate any help at all. :):):) Thanks

Same here but can see Jupiter and there is sea mist also as I live near the sea and going to leave it as late as possible to do some observing but hopefully will be a lot better later and but not totally clouded out. Feel sorry for those that have new scopes that are waiting to try em out but been there and done it. let me know as soon as you get clear skies and let me know how you get on with your 6SE. Cheers Matt:rolleyes:

Archived