NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Text Distortion On The Nexstar Hand Controller

I have the Celestron Nexstar Handset, I have noticed when you see the text on the handset that the text appears to get distorted and becomes to difficult to read and any reason why this should happen and how to stop the handset from doing this. It really can be hard to read the info when it does this and its basically all blury most of the time apart from when you enter date and time:rolleyes::) Thanks

I have the Celestron Nexstar Handset, I have noticed when you see the text on the handset that the text appears to get distorted and becomes to difficult to read and any reason why this should happen and how to stop the handset from doing this. It really can be hard to read the info when it does this and its basically all blury most of the time apart from when you enter date and time:rolleyes::) Thanks

I have also experinced this when the handset has got cold and the symptoms get worse the colder it gets. It helps to keep the handset insulated (say inside a bubble-wrap bag) between use. I have also read that fitting a dew heater or strapping a handwarmer to the back of the controller helps, but I haven't tried this myself. You can slow down the speed at which the text scrolls using the menu: Utility, scrolling menu,number 9 (down) button - this makes it easier to read when it gets cold.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks All, Will give the few suggestions a try and I am using the Skywatcher 7AH Powertank but maybe this tank is not powerful enough for the Nexstar but not to sure but could anyone recommend me a good powertank.:):):)

Archived