NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SKYWATCHER MERLIN MULTIFUNCTIONAL MOUNT

Matt2011

The only thing that is making it close for me to go for the Skywatcher is the fact that my Skywatcher 127 Mak is an OTA which would mean if I fitted the scope on the Porta II Mount my 9x50mm Right Angled Erecting Finder would be positioned upside down and the the Skywatcher Tube Logo "SKYWATCHER" would be positioned in a bird's eye position but that is not to much of a drawback but unless I get a Telrad finder for the scope. Many Thanks :)

The only thing that is making it close for me to go for the Skywatcher is the fact that my Skywatcher 127 Mak is an OTA which would mean if I fitted the scope on the Porta II Mount my 9x50mm Right Angled Erecting Finder would be positioned upside down and the the Skywatcher Tube Logo "SKYWATCHER" would be positioned in a bird's eye position but that is not to much of a drawback but unless I get a Telrad finder for the scope. Many Thanks :)

I would get a Telrad - is that bias? :(

Thanks Telrad and looks like I will be getting a Telrad along with a Vixen Porta II Mount. Will have a look at the links and cheers and can you mount the TELRAD in any position on the TUBE of the 127 Mak. Thanks:icon_salut:

A Telrad is going to look rather bulky on the tube of a 127mm mak, in my opinion. You might want to consider the Rigel Quikfinder as an alternative which has a much smaller footprint. The Quikfinder clips quickly off the scope when it's not in use.

Archived