Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HELP NEEDED WITH ADAPTOR

Hi all, I have attached a picture of a 2" adaptor I have. My question is, are there any adaptors available which is shorter than this one. Mine is 35mm from the circular dovetail collar to the top of the adaptor - ideally I would like something which has the dovetail, then the collar with around 5mm to the top. Hope I'm making sense here

David

post-26589-133877702401_thumb.jpg

That looks like the standard Skywatcher 2" adapter. It's a design unique to Skywatcher scopes / focusers - the drawtube is not actually quite 2" but the adapter makes it so.

If it's from one of the Skywatcher crayford focusers then something like this might work:

Skywatcher kurzbauender 2' Adapter für Crayford Auszüge

I think it screws directly into the aluminum drawtube. Sorry it's in German but the dealer does carry a large variety of adapters.

That looks like the standard Skywatcher 2" adapter. It's a design unique to Skywatcher scopes / focusers - the drawtube is not actually quite 2" but the adapter makes it so.

If it's from one of the Skywatcher crayford focusers then something like this might work:

Skywatcher kurzbauender 2' Adapter für Crayford Auszüge

I think it screws directly into the aluminum drawtube. Sorry it's in German but the dealer does carry a large variety of adapters.

Thanks John, that may just work, I have a C8NGT with the standard focuser which I think is the same as the skywatcher, I'll look more into this

David

A shorter length adaptor may not hold the body of a 2" eyepiece; it appears the inner diameter of the skywatcher is less than 2"....

Getting the tape measure out as we speak lol. Fingers crossed, just checked and the inside diameter of mine is 60mm which is just over 2"

Cheers Merlin

David

The photo of the current adaptor shows the dovetail section as being close to the 2" diameter - hence the comment....you must have removed an other adaptor section(?) to find the 60mm internal.....

You are right Merlin, I removed the dovetail holder which reveals the inner diameter of the aluminium drawtube which is 60mm. Back to the drawing board lol.

David

P.S. thanks also to Glowjet, I did click the flag thingy though lol.

If you click on the British flag, top left, you will get all the details in English from Telskop Service, or am I teaching Mothers to suck eggs Lol :)

That works fine where TS have translated the page. Where they haven't (as in this case) you usually get a page of other items :)

Archived