Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dss flats problem

Why cant i make flats work in Dss.

Im using a modded dslr and a light box,my flats look good to me problem is when i put it all together in Dss they dont seem to work and im still left with artifacts in the image.

I have attached a flat image,am i doing something wrong this is now becoming a major headache for me .

Ian

post-16642-133877702081_thumb.jpg

Have you got any exposure compensation set on the camera ? that will affect the exposure levels... other than that... sorry I just don't know... It'll need someone more familiar with flats I'm afraid. What it would be a good thing to do... post up the end result pic... as that may give a clue as the problems.

If you put your SLR into Av mode, (assuming it's a Canon) on the rear display (xxxd models, not sure where it is on the xxd and higher models) there's an exposure scale from -2 to +2, where is the little vertical bar indicating... ? I suspect it's not under the 0 point.

ok, that means no exposure compensation... good start. Av mode, normally, for me puts the histogram peak on about the 75% mark on the graph, although I did have one really weird night, where something got the exposure values all wrong... I ended up binning the flats as the image was much better without them.

Looking at the histogram for the first image you posted on my laptop, it's hard against the right hand edge...

Archived