Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Adler Optik??

Donkeiller

I've not used the Adler ones but I have tried clones of them branded "Rigel" - it was the 32mm and the 38mm that I had for a while. For the price I thought they were nice eyepieces - I was using them in a Celestron C8 schmidt-cassegrain. I think these eyepieces, branded "Ascension" are the same thing:

Ascension Super Wide Angle Eyepieces.

Personally, I think the optical design may well be the same as the Skywatcher Panaviews but I've not taken one of either type apart to find out for sure !.

Before I had these I'd tried some of the GSO Super Wide 2" eyepieces and I thought the Rigel / Adler / Ascension type were better.

Adler lens have been available for some time now, they basically seem to be the WO SWANs rebranded. They will come from the same Chinese factory.

How they compare I do not know, I would expect that there is some QA on the completed eyepieces. So perhaps the Grade A's go to WO while the others get sold to whoever under the name required. Equally they may just be boxed and everyone gets a mixed selection.

Sure I have seen them under other names at different retailers, RVO and Sky's the Limit come to mind.

Should be fine in 6SE, not sure about the Meg90 as WO quote them OK for F/6 but I assume that they are acceptable at f/6 so you may (only) may see some edge degredation in that one.

For the price they are probably worth the money.

I had one of the Adler 20mm eyepieces and couldn't tell any difference between it and the WO 1.25" Swans. What I would call an OK eyepiece, not bad but not that great either. I think the 2" Swans are better and the 33mm in particular is actually a nice eyepiece so long as it's not used in a fast scope..

John

I had one of the Adler 20mm eyepieces and couldn't tell any difference between it and the WO 1.25" Swans. What I would call an OK eyepiece, not bad but not that great either.

I'd say that my experience of the 10mm was the same too.

(a bit tight on eye-relief as well on the 10mm)

Archived