NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31

philj

Dusted off the 1000d and had a go at M31. After trying this a couple of years ago I said I would never do it again due to the difficulty processing but I had to put the FLT98, Mk4 flattener and 1000d to test.

This is about 2 hours worth of 1600 and 800 4 minute shots, calibrated with darks, flats, bias and stacked in IP4 and processed in PS

Theres some strange shaped stars at the edge but thats me not getting the Mk4 set properly. Ive spent ages messing with this to get the gradients out and not succeeded but thats it Ive had enough now, so here is my 1st attempt with a dslr for a couple of years

Philj

post-14930-133877699449_thumb.jpg

Thanks chaps, it was a bit of a culture shock using the 1000d again instead of a nice easy Atik but it was enjoyable. When Ive a bit more time Ill give this a proper processing go, theres still more in their and the colours need sorting.

Philj

Archived