NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New kid on the APO block ...

Already spotted that one. The scope was designed in partnership with Thomas Bach (TMB) and William Optics apparently. It's a stonking deal for £650 seeing that includes the TMB designed 40mm Paragon which itself is arguably as good as anything Televue can produce.

There's a thread or two running over at Cloudynights. Quite a bit of expectation already building. Only fly in the ointment is Burgess's track record for optimistic delivery times.

Russ

Hi all. I've been keeping an eye on this scope for a while. I don't think William Optics have anything to do with it. Did you mean Burgess Optics? I've been following things over at the Burgess yahoo group. These scopes are on-route from the factory according to Burgess. Whether they have to go to the USA 1st before coming over here, i don't know. Probably though. A £175 value eyepiece, tube rings, dovetail and mrf finder included. Not too shabby. No case though. Now.......what body part can i flog for 649 notes, mmmm...........................

Andy. :)

Already spotted that one. The scope was designed in partnership with Thomas Bach (TMB) and William Optics apparently. It's a stonking deal for £650 seeing that includes the TMB designed 40mm Paragon which itself is arguably as good as anything Televue can produce.

There's a thread or two running over at Cloudynights. Quite a bit of expectation already building. Only fly in the ointment is Burgess's track record for optimistic delivery times.

Russ

That word apparently is quite appropriate here Rus.

I don't think William Optics have anything to do with it. Did you mean Burgess Optics?

I was alluding to the fact that it was a rival for the WO Megrez 90.

John

Sorry John. I really should use quotes. :) I was replying to rus's comment on the build partners.

It's nice to see another scope in the 90mm class though. The only other one i can think of is the scopos 90mm. Is there a stellarvue one? Not sure.

Andy.

Sorry John. I really should use quotes. Sad I was replying to rus's comment on the build partners.

It's nice to see another scope in the 90mm class though. The only other one i can think of is the scopos 90mm. Is there a stellarvue one? Not sure.

Andy.

Hi Andy, Sorry I was referring to the Cloudynights thread, a very long thread, that said Bill Burgess had been working closely with Thomas Bach and William Optics to create this scope (and other new scopes).

Very few poeple seem to hold out hope of the scope arriving on time or even at all. Apparently Bill Burgess has a reputation for announcing things prematurely :?

Here's a link:

http://tinyurl.com/3xkrgq

Regards

Russ

Sorry John. I really should use quotes. :) I was replying to rus's comment on the build partners.

Andy.

No problem Andy - it's easy to loose track of these threads :D:)

John

Archived