NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good Luck Curiosity

bm1980

Here, here!

Missions to Mars haven't really had much luck recently (or ever I guess, from a statistical standpoint)... I for one am hoping the cameras are turned on during the powered descent and landing.... that is going to look cool as anything!!!!

What's the ETA at Mars by the way? Anyone know? It's a few months journey isn't it?

Ben

Yes, I agree. Good luck Curiosity. It'll land hopefully on 6th August 1012.

I'm hoping it goes well, and the mission is success...

...via a slingshot around the sun to accomplish the time travel element? ;-)

Wow, nine months... it's a long old haul.... certainly a whole different ball game than the few days to the moon :-)

Ben

Good luck Curiosity. I hope they have a camera on the Skycrane. Most robotic landers (except Mars Pathfinder) were never able to take a photo of themselves on the surface of Mars.

Best wishes to Phobos Grunt. I heard they reestablised limited communication with that prob, hopefully it can be fixed and send off to Mars.

Well that's the easy bit (the launch) out of the way. I'll still be absolutely amazed if

succeeds at doing more than creating a radioactive hole in the Martian surface. But at least there's no chance it'll collide with the GRUNT:cry: en-route

I've only just got around to watching Sky At Night for this month, with the piece on Curiosity. That's a monster vehicle to be sending so far and landing on another planet. If they manage to land it intact on the surface of Mars it will be an astonishing feat regardless of the work it does afterwards.

James

Archived