NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

is this guy the same ....

rory

guy who writes for" astronomy now" magazine ?

i bought a barlow from buy and sell site from a chap by the name of mr. neil english.

yesterday my wife bought me a copy off astronomy magazine ,december edition and theres an article on restoring sir patrick moore's first scope.

the reporter was of the same name. as a newbie i wouldnt know but wondered if anyone knows if its the same neil? from glasgow .

thanks, just curious :)

Hi Rory I got to go down to Sir Patrick's home last Friday to meet him and do some viewing through his 16" fuller scope if that's the one your talking about, the guy who was controlling the scope for us was a guy called John Fletcher he looks after all of Patrick's scopes and I know he was involved in restoring it and gets to do some viewing when he's there I don't know about the other guy there may well have been more then one person:)

Hi Rory I got to go down to Sir Patrick's home last Friday to meet him and do some viewing through his 16" fuller scope if that's the one your talking about, the guy who was controlling the scope for us was a guy called John Fletcher he looks after all of Patrick's scopes and I know he was involved in restoring it and gets to do some viewing when he's there I don't know about the other guy there may well have been more then one person:)

hi rob, you lucky man. meet THE man himself.

actually this article is about his first owned scope from 11 years old, a 3" f/12 refractor (broadhurst clarkson&co) brass jobby.

a guy called steve collingwood oversaw the restoration project. a very good read. they did a great job on the revamp i must say.

thanks dogfish for confirming it wasnt a coincidence.

neil english done the write up.

(p.s -neil,if you see this, the barlow arrived and thankyou. :)

hi rob, you lucky man. meet THE man himself.

actually this article is about his first owned scope from 11 years old, a 3" f/12 refractor (broadhurst clarkson&co) brass jobby.

a guy called steve collingwood oversaw the restoration project. a very good read. they did a great job on the revamp i must say.

thanks dogfish for confirming it wasnt a coincidence.

neil english done the write up.

(p.s -neil,if you see this, the barlow arrived and thankyou. :)

I think that's the one I saw in the hallway as you walk in from the front door a stunning looking scope

should try and grab a copy of astronomy now . some nice pics of it before and after.

if not i'll keep it and once finished i could always post it on if you wish.

anyhow whats the great s.p.moore like then, have you spoke with him ?

should try and grab a copy of astronomy now . some nice pics of it before and after.

if not i'll keep it and once finished i could always post it on if you wish.

anyhow whats the great s.p.moore like then, have you spoke with him ?

That would be really great Rory thanks yeah it was great to see the man in person he told us some fantastic story's about when he was asked to go down too the bbc to talk about doing a program about astronomy (the sky at night) the first one went out on the 26th April 1957 it was only going to be 4 episodes and here we are over 50yrs later and its still going strong, he also told us about some of the places he went to and his involvement in the Apollo missions he loves to have a joke with you as well :)

Hi Rob sounds like you had a great time at Patricks, John is a friend of mine lives a couple of miles from me.

Regards

Kevin

Archived