NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Looking for an adapter

I have bought a (used) Atik filter wheel to go with my mono DMK21.

The filter wheel has 2x 42mm holes in the outer casing. One has a 1 1/4 nosepiece adapter (which will connect to my scope), the other is empty.

To connect my camera, I need either :-

an adapter 42mm male to 25mm male (what I measured the DMK hole without the nosepiece attached),

or a 42mm male to 1 1/4 eyepiece holder (so I can connect the camera with the nosepiece attached).

I am assuming (wrongly?) that the threads will be standard.

Can someone advise me exactly what I am looking for is called?

And a good place to source it?

It's more than likely a 'T' threaded adaptor that will be needed, I think they are M42 threaded.

The DMK usually has a short nose 1 1/4 'C' adaptor (for video/security type cameras).

So the missing part would be a 'T' threaded adaptor which takes standard 1 1/4 eyepieces/adaptors etc.

I could be mistaked but don't recall seeing a direct connector between a DMK and filter holder - I'm still new to using a filter wheel myself mainly due to the weather.

An expert will probably be along in a mo! :)

I think this will be the standard T2 connector M42, I searched for one of these to replace the one on my scopeteknix wheel, which had only a thumb screw to hold the ep, (nasty) I found a nice 11/4" Baader unit with compression rings to replace it, but this was a female connection, but you can also buy an M42 to M42 adapter which will make the unit into a male connection, I sourced these through Baader accessories in Teleskop Services and finished up buying the adapter from 365 Astronomy, if this is of any help to you :)

John.

Archived