Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear skies but poor seeing

John

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out last nite and managed to find M31, well chuffed.

I had collminated my TAL and wanted to see if there had been any improvment, BIG diff in Jupiter.

So today, watched the barometer climb after 16:00 so took the plunge again. Hoping to repeat last nites success, I even "sussed" out my setting circles/dials. all going well untill 23:00 ish. I could have swam in from the back, every thing was soaked, I mean dripping!

Gave up,

Stella time....(i dont mean stars) :)

Quite good seeing in Croydon now, atmosphere seems to have dried out. Jupe looks good.

Yeah, same here too in Stevenage. Popped my head out around 11:30pm before bedtime, and was amazed how clear it had become. As Orion was nicely placed thought I would try my hand a my 1st serious shot of M42. Pleased to say it came out well... here's a single 180s sub

Still dew'd up after a couple of hours though... :) - but it's been a good night

post-23388-133877695564_thumb.jpg

Archived