Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LRGB capture

Hi folks,

Now that I am using a mono camera, I would like to capture a colour image to compare with my OSC images.

What wratten numbers are the norm when capturing the R, G, & B channels. Or does it matter?

I am intending to use am IR-cut for the L channel. Is this correct?

Astrodon Astronomy Filters - Filters

You'll get all the info you need from the above site.

The Wratten series filters are different from RGB colour separation filters, so you really need the proper RGB set.

HTH

Thanks again Merlin (you seem to be answering a lot of my questions recently - thanks for taking the time).

Those are obviously top of the line filters (at ~£375 I would hope they are anyway). A little rich for me at the moment due to other purchases in the pipeline.

Am I correct in assuming that the Baader LRGB© sets are of a lower quality, but still acceptable?

i have the astronomik type 2 lrgb filters, these are very well regarded and where recommended to me from some very good imagers from this forum, about £130 ish pounds second hand, also the after sale servive from astronomik is very good, any problems and the do there best for you.

all these filters a ir blocked and parfocal.

Although not as good as specific RGB filters, the following should give passable results but a good set of LRGB filters would be much better:-

Wratten 25 (red),

Wratten 56 (green)

Wratten 38A (blue).

Remember that you should also take a luminance channel using an IR filter to capture detail.

Archived