Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help With DSS

What am i doing wrong here ? I am very new to all this so please bare with me.

On the left you can see a very basic capture of M31 in DSS looks good to me. But the autosave opened in photoshop or saved off using "save picture to file" is very poor indeed ( shown on right)

What do i need to do ? confused ...

Many Thanks

Jason

post-21849-133877694451_thumb.jpg

That looks about normal to me - you will need to use some imaging software to extract your image from that save - the data is there! Photoshop is often used and GIMP is useful freeware if you don't have PS (but not quite so good). Tutorials on "stretching", "layers" and "curves" will show you how to do it - there are some in the "stickies" part of the imaging section.

Jason in DSS when you save to file you can choose whether to apply changes or just embed the changes. The output file is rather different for the two.

I prefer to merely embed changes, as I personally find it easier to edit. The autosave I leave untouched.

/Jessun

Archived