Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter GRS and 2 moons Nov 13th

Space Cowboy

Conditions were pretty bad Sunday night what with wobbly seeing a wobbly breeze and very poor transparency (thin membrane like clouds). Anyhow this is the best of a bad bunch. First image at f30 with 5x powermate and second using 3x Tal (by this time visibility was very bad).

May have overdone Saturation on image one?

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture14466-20-43-nov-13th.png

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture14467-dfk0007-11-11-13-21-16-05-y8castr-satur.png

Hey,

Great images! I haven't been on here much for the last year, but I remember back then you were imaging Jupiter with the Mak and SPC900NC. I'm wondering how your gear and equipment has progressed since back then? What's made the biggest difference in improving your images?

Hey,

Great images! I haven't been on here much for the last year, but I remember back then you were imaging Jupiter with the Mak and SPC900NC. I'm wondering how your gear and equipment has progressed since back then? What's made the biggest difference in improving your images?

Thanks! The 10" Dob has made the biggest difference for sure even more so than using a DFK with 5x powermate. It all adds up of course what with more experience and Jupiter being so much higher this year. Still waiting for good seeing which would make even more of a difference. ;)

Cheers Clayton!

Thanks Spaceboy, yes there is a lot of activity around the GRS at the moment.

A couple of lovely images there, Stuart. Especially considering the crappy conditions. As Clayton has said the saturation looks fine.:) Hopefully ideal conditions are just around the corner......;). The red spot area does indeed look very busy.

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived