Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best time for observing Leonids?

claire1985

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a massive flash of blue/white light - obviously a meteorite - in the north/northeast just before I went to bed last night. You do always see them when you least expect!

My Mrs claims she has never seen one, and every time I try to get her to stand in the garden for longer then 5 minutes she tires and goes inside!

I saw a massive flash of blue/white light - obviously a meteorite - in the north/northeast just before I went to bed last night. You do always see them when you least expect!

My Mrs claims she has never seen one, and every time I try to get her to stand in the garden for longer then 5 minutes she tires and goes inside!

Exactly the same here, my wife says she has never seen one either but given a chance to come and watch (as I had seen a few whilst looking at the stars) she gets cold, bored and tired within 10 minutes then goes back inside to switch on the tv. :) Like the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink!"

Exactly the same here, my wife says she has never seen one either but given a chance to come and watch (as I had seen a few whilst looking at the stars) she gets cold, bored and tired within 10 minutes then goes back inside to switch on the tv. :) Like the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink!"

Yet if they saw one for real they'd find it so rewarding!

Archived