Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

has anybody noticed it's kinda clear out there

ghewett

Anyone fancy a meet tonight?

Not sure where though! The only place I can think of is Stockgrove Park near Leighton Buzzard. Parking will be an issue because they lock the car park at night. I'm open to suggestions though.

Garry

Faff'd about in the garden for a couple of hours tonight until the clouds rolled in about 30 mins ago.

I had messed about with the webcam and jupiter for an hour or so then Orion was just the right side of the pylons that are outsde my garden so messed about re-aligning for a few minutes and got it about as close as Ive ever got the goto on alignment. was just about to try my first ever go at looking at M42 and BANG! along comes the clouds.

Went out late last night and decided to concentrate on orion as it is one of the most recognisable areas of the sky to a newbie. Didnt get out until 11.30pm and Orion was sitting nicely outside the back garden. Didnt bother setting up the alignment on the goto, just scouted around orion. After reading TL@O I decided to go for M42 and found it with ease. The only problem with where I am in Stevenage is that pylon cables are right outside our garden and cut through the view of the night sky and last night it seemed to cut right through Orion.

Anyway it wasnt too annoying and I cracked on with M42 and was chuffed with myself for actually finding something, and was also impressed with what I could see. whacked the barlow and 10mm eyepiece in and caught the trapezium.

Packed up about 1am after having a little look at the moon that had started to poke its head out from the side of the neighbours garage wall. Planning on having another look at M42 and Orion this evening to see what my little 130p can pick out.

I do love Orion. Its one of the best and its so bright. Mars rises about the same time as the moon last night so if you are out late tonight see if you can find :). I've yet to see it through a scope.

I'm going up the downs soon to look at parking etc and see if its usable for us

• 1 month later...

Archived