Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LX200 goto problems

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can shed any light on a problem I have. Basically i`ve just purchased a second hand 12" LX200 classic scope. I`ve aligned and levelled it in my observatory, I have checked my location details in the hand set. The problem i have is that when i do a goto from either the handset or a pc - the target is never in my eyepiece. It always about 2mm out in the finder scope. When i move the target to the centre of my eyepiece and re-sync, then goto another target - exactly the same fault. The handset displays the wrong ra/dec coordinates. Its as if the scope is moving too slowly - i seem to remember this exact same fault on my 8" LX200 - but cant remember the solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Iain

The clock will have a bearing on goto is it gps or non gps as the gps one should get time from the sat info. however check your daylight savings settings in the handset as this can throw things out. it should be set to yes this time of year.

Andy

Don't know if that model has it, but have you done all the

motor training procedures?

Also, is your power supply known to be good enough...if battery

is it fully charged... if mains supply, has it enough current capacity?

Thanks for all the suggestions. There is no gps on this scope. The time and location is set correctly, as is the location. I have a 8" LX200 scope that had the same problem - I cant remember what I did to sort it. Will the cmos battery cause any of these problems? Running out of ideas and getting a bit peed off. Is there a way to align the scope without using the pole star?

Thanks

Iain

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can shed any light on a problem I have. Basically i`ve just purchased a second hand 12" LX200 classic scope. I`ve aligned and levelled it in my observatory, I have checked my location details in the hand set. The problem i have is that when i do a goto from either the handset or a pc - the target is never in my eyepiece. It always about 2mm out in the finder scope. When i move the target to the centre of my eyepiece and re-sync, then goto another target - exactly the same fault. The handset displays the wrong ra/dec coordinates. Its as if the scope is moving too slowly - i seem to remember this exact same fault on my 8" LX200 - but cant remember the solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Iain

Have you ried updating the handset to the latest firmware?.

May not be your problem, and I am sure you have thought of it, but what about daylight saving change to?.

Ron.

Weird - Tried adding +1 to gmt offset. Now object is in eyepiece. Just need to drift align now I think. Getting better. Many thanks for everyones help. Hopefully be imaging again soon. :wav:

Hi

I have an lx90 but if it was happening to me I would check the following.

1) As it is a classic then are you sure that you are properly level and that you start with the tube pointing north

2) Check the clamps are on tight enough

4) Check connections

5) Very important check the power source/battery properly charged up.

Another trick is this. When you goto the first alignment, let the scope get there, unlock the ra/dec clamps and centre the star in the eyepiece. lock the clamps again and press enter. Let it go to the second alignment star and centre as normal. If your scope is now goto properly then the problem is with the way you are initially setting up. Hope this helps

Archived