Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best Visual Observing With the Least Vibration

The wibbly wobbly videos you see on Youtube of the Planets make me feel a liitle giddy. What would you recommend for a rock steady video of the planets? The budget being under £800. Telescope and Mount needed. Thanks all.

Most of the videos you see are people with dobs, pushing high mags and tracking manually. Even on EQ mounts you'l get some vibration with manual tracking or manual focusing.

Depends on the scope you want to mount really, most people go for an EQ5, HEQ5, NEQ6, CG5 etc etc, all pretty pricey, but all very good and able to handle decent sized scopes.

But yeah, i think even a lesser mount will be helped MASSIVELY by just adding motors.

I was contemplating the Celestron Vibration Supression Pads. Word is that they do actually work.

Downside is that they seem a little pricey for what they are, but if they do work and you have problems with vibration then sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Archived