Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cure for cold hands?

lw24

Hi all,

The winter months are rolling in, and things are starting to get cold, which leads me to my question...

How do you keep your hands warm without comprimising their practicality?

I mean, I could wear woolen gloves, but I wouldn't be able to screw on filters or change eyepieces very easily.

Hope you can help!

I wear a woollen full glove on left hand and fingerless glove on right hand (reverse if you're left handed). Got several pairs of each from the market for £2/pr.

Then you can get those "snap-a-coin" hand warmers from camping shops and stuff one in each glove as required (I rarely use 'em). Just need a bit of hot breath in the exposed fingertips occasionaly or stuff 'em in a warm pocket for five mins :)

Find that simply getting my hands back in the pockets as much as possible is pretty good. The coat/jacket is a good one and well padded. I think most people simply get used to leaving their hands out in case they might need them so they get too cold.

Sort of: If not in use then stuff them in a pocket.

I have a pair of Thinsulate finger less gloves with the fold over mitt.

Fold the the mitt to back to change eyepieces etc...Then put back to view.

Also have several reusable gel pocket hand warmers to slip in my gloves.

Easy to recharge:) Place in boiling water for 5 mins.

Wayne

post-18037-133877688907_thumb.jpg

Archived