Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Post - First real go at the sun

Dippus

Hi all , My name is mark and I am from sunny ( at the moment ) Huddersfield.

Here are my first real attempts at the sun , comments and criticisms are welcome.

First Pic. Friday afternoon . Canon 350d .Thousand Oaks type 2 Filter. Williams Optics Zenithstar 80mm.

image.jpg

Second Pic. Tuesday Afternoon .Meade DSI 2 Colour CCD .Thousand Oaks Type 2 Filter. Meade LX-90 F6.3

image.jpg

Third Pic. Tuesday Afternoon .Meade DSI 2 Colour CCD. Coronado PST.

image.jpg

DSI pics were stacked in registax ( about 20 each ) with a bit of unsharp masking in photoshop.

Still learning with the scopes ,software and cameras etc. Tried some DSO stuff , but they don't deserve to be on the forum, cos they are carp.I've found its a steep learning curve , but the tips i have gained from reading this forum has been priceless. Thanx

Best regards Mark.

P.S. The PST pictures of the sun on this forum are amazing.

Thank you for the kind welcome and comments.

Just hope the weather stays fine for the weekend , so i can get some DSO shots because i am now armed with a long stick , so i can push the neighbours security light sensor away from my garden . :)

Thank you CC for you offer of help , much appreciated.

Clear skies

Mark

Well done Mark, and welcome to SGL. You got some good solar mages there, and you have a great deal in common with another Yorkshireman in Captain Chaos, who is an avid and very successful imager of our star.

All the best.

Ron. :)

Archived