Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Halloween jupiter 3

northcanadian

Hi All!

I processed this one....and still seem to have problem with heavy saturation and fuzzies...contrasting the excellent glowing, light and clear images posted here. Not sure what to try next?icon5.gif

I'm using a 9.25sct, 2.5x powermate, dbk21 and Reg 5.

Thanks for any input

Cheers

post-14962-133877687601_thumb.jpg

Hi Rodger

looks like a focus issue to me; are you using a standard focuser?

Are you using ir/uv cut filter.

Its technicaly a good image need a bit more info, your settings etc.

Is it a clear image on the lappy because it could be a processing issue, how good was the seeing etc.

i will send some info on what seems to work for me.:) simon.

Hi again Rodger

Try 10 fps, ie 1200 frames max or 2 min run.

Due to its fast rotation to many frames can cause the image to blur.

Gain slightly up on last time,reduce exposure to balance out,adjust other settings till ya happy with image on screen then capture.

Not sure what capture software your using, i use sharpcap.

Settings subject to seeing conditions. Simon.

Some thoughts from a beginner:

I get this too when I up the "step" and "ïnitial" parameters in the wavelet filter in R5 too much. But maybe you need so much wavelets to get the image sharp/detailed because of focussing/seeing or collimation inaccuracies ?

Cheers,

Jeffrey

HI jeffery

I am fairly new to imaging myself but what ive found, is the better the image on screen the less of a problem in processing.

Seeing - collimation are very important also focus.

Its easy to over cook the image in wavelet settings,as i have found myself, but as a rule the better the image on screen the better the end result. Simon.

Thanks Simon and all for your comments and suggestions.

I am using the software that came with the dbk21...IC Capture AS 2.1. Also am using a standard focusser and an ir/uv cut filter. The image seems ok to me on the laptop. I do take a number of avis trying to tweak focus a bit more between. Also am using uncompressed y800 codec and debayering in Reg 5.

I have imaged under various seeing conditions and after processing invariably end up with kind of fuzzy oversaturated images.

I had collimated scope not long ago and it seemed fine to me. However the focussing seems to be a challenge. I do use Photoshop for adjusting colour saturation, levels, despeckling and unsharp masking.

Cannot, for the life of me come close to the great, clear, light Jupiters I see on this site. Maybe need a different camera...or???icon5.gif

Cheers

The exposure was 1/30 sec @30fps...gain was 780 and gamma was 70

The white balance and saturation sliders were at center.

Cheersicon7.gif

Most people seem to recomend leaving the Gamma at 100 (default).

Not sure if this will help, but it costs nothing to try :)

Also Auto White balance is quite good I find, but don't change two settings at the same time. Try them individually initially to guage their effect

Archived