Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One More Planet to Complete the Set

Yes, after a couple of years of planetary laziness, coupled with the fact that Uranus is gradually becoming more favourable to see, I finally got round to observing it.

Pointed the scope at Omega Piscium (the one before the circle of stars at the end of Pisces) steered my scope downward until I stumbled across a wide mag. 6 apparent double star.

Of course this was actually Uranus with the slightly fainter HR 2 Piscium as a orangey looking companion (looked it up - G9 type star).

Tried magnifying it but moisture got the better of me and wasn't totally certain that I could see any disc with the 6mm eyepiece.

Still, that's another one chalked off.... and I am counting it from just one observation although I will return to make sure it has moved in time honoured fashion! :icon_salut:

Your 5" Frac should give the the disc of Uranus, albeit "tiny". Is the last planet on your list NEPTUNE?

You never mentioned the name. And yes, your M's arecoming along nicely. You'll bag tonnes more in the New Year when Virgo etc enter our skies.

Eddie

Your 5" Frac should give the the disc of Uranus, albeit "tiny". Is the last planet on your list NEPTUNE?

You never mentioned the name. And yes, your M's arecoming along nicely. You'll bag tonnes more in the New Year when Virgo etc enter our skies.

Eddie

Cheers.

On a dryer night, I may well been able to make the disc out but it was very moist indeed and the dew-cap can only give so much protection.

I look forward to Leo / Virgo / Coma / Canes. I feel a few galaxies in the offing. Hopefully the sky is dark enough here to see a few of these, if not all!

...and yes, just Neptune to go.

good going DKD, hope you manage to see Neptune soon to complete the set although some will say Pluto should be on the planets list too but as you probably know its now been demoted to minor planet status.

Yes, Pluto would offer a real challenge and I guess I would need to double my aperture.

Should be able to do Neptune soon tho with the magnification limit a 635mm focal length scope gives, I doubt I will see a disc.

Archived