Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observing - Tuesday 1st Nov

jasonp

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh what a shame Jason :)

Back to the drawing board then.... I wish I had some location suggestions, but being fairly new to astronomy I don't really know any suitable sites.

Thanks for all the research and work so far though. Sure we'll find somewhere eventually, and it's not like those stars are going anywhere I guess :)

I didnt see this until late last night, shame they wont let us in at the park.

I got back from the gym about 7.30 last night and considering it is the first time the clouds have shifted for over two weeks I set my kit up mainly to have a play with my webcam and see what i can get.

After much faffing about, and messing around with settings in SharpCap I got some video of a bit of the moon, and 5 mins on jupiter before the cloud came in.

Packed up around 9.30 as it was getting cloudy, and after another 2 hours of messing around in registax i ended up with this. If anyone knows of a real good pic of jupiter taken through a 5 inch reflector I'd like to see it to compare.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/453/jupiter91111.png

jupiter91111.png

Archived