Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M76 with a DSLR

RikM

Thought I would have a quick go at this little planetary. Dew on the guider stopped play I am afraid so I only got 8x300 sec subs with darks. I took a set of T-shirt flats the following morning.

Stacked in DSS as a custom rectangle with 2x drizzle. Processed with Photoshop CS3, deep sky noise reduction and colour blotch reduction from Noel's actions.

Other than 'more data', what do I need to improve this? To bring out the 'wings' do I need more subs or longer subs?

post-18573-133877685953_thumb.jpg

Thats a good pic on such a small tricky object.

With astro pics, both longer amd more is always the best thing. Having a hair dyer too for the dew can prolong a night out. If its the guider, you can get straight back into it. I find if I have to zap the main scope, I need time for it to cool back down, as the focus will have changedIf I continue to image immediately I'll have to re focus between each frame.

Tom

Nice Image U got there!

In order to get a great picture the more the subs, the better the result will be.

Flats & darks are also very important.

The time of each subs depends on the target you are shooting and the amount of noise u get from the dslr chip worming up!

For example in the Orion neb. u need lots of different subs from 5-10 secs to 10min. or even 20 min.!

Also when you process an image the noise reduction filters always blurs the image.

In order to get the sharpest result u need to do some sharpening in the specific parts u are interested....the are lots of guides in the net for it!

Hope I've Helped.

Keep up the good Job!

Archived