Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

orion help on core

Daniel-K

You take different sets of exposures. I used 11 secs, 50 secs and 5 minutes in a fast F5 scope and sensitive mono CCD camera. Adjust your own values accordingly by trial and error.

And then, you follow the excellent advice of Mr Lodigruss, here;

Compositing 2 Different Exposures via Layer Masks

It uses Photoshop. I'm afraid I don't know any non-photoshop techniques.

My own application the Lodigruss approach is here:

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Nebulae-and-clusters/M42CCBOV2010/1100345185_HHd4m-X3.jpg

Olly

I may be way off here but i am sure i have read people saying that they image the core and the rest of the Neb as two separate images (different settings etc) and then stack them into one final image........a composite,if you will. Olly just confirmed my thinking.

Just plain holding back on the total exposure might help to control the core a bit better, too. You have let the background go gray, and I see strong evidence of vignetting. Try the same data, but not stretching it quite so much, and see if you end up with a more pleasing result. Keep at it !

Jim S.

Hi,

great image!!!!! something i do is just putting the front cover back on and removing the smaller cap this lowers the amount of light let in also making the core less brighter. just a thought.

Clear sky's to all

Brian

Archived