NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ccd cameras

I'm looking to do some planetary imaging with my 6" reflector but worried about buying a camera thats cheap but won't give me decent video files to process or on the otherhand buying something that is overkill for my scope. Would there be much difference in quality between these 2?

NexImage (item #93712) / Photo & visual accessories / Accessories / Products / Celestron.com

and

First Light Optics - DFK 21AU04.AS Colour

I recently purchased a neximage for £55 so do not buy new.

If you are sure you want to do planetary imaging and funds allow, go for the DMK.

If you just want to try it out then go for a neximage or phillips sp900..

even these cheap webcams will produce pleasing results.

john

If you are looking at the NexImage, then get a Philips 880 flashed to 900 from Morgan Computers. It's essentially the same webcam but at 1/3rd the cost.

Thanx for the link. At that price its 1/7th the price of a dfk camera which I think is enough to make up my mind lol.:D

...but there is a real difference in quality. I have both, having started with a Neximage a good few years ago. The DMK/DFK cameras are industrial quality and it shows in every aspect of their performance. They do come up second hand. I paid £150 for mine on here and really do rate it.

Olly

If you're just starting out, it's a steep learning curve. The dMK/DFKs are probably overkill for beginners. Start off with the SPC900. You might not even like imaging!

TheThing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived