Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wobble

is it just the scope wobbleing? or the whole mount and tripod? I susspect if you add motors to it you will still see the wobble as the motors normally connect to the same spigot as the slow mo cables.

im not sure to be honest, the tripod was very stable last night, but the slow motion control seems a little snatchy, just dont want to spend money on a motordrive for imaging if really i need a beefier mount. equally it could be me being a prat XD

The 150P on EQ3-2 is prone to a little vibration even after letting go of the focuser knob - just need to let it settle and don't touch while viewing. Even when everything is tight enough you'll still get small vibes :D

(at least mine did when I had one)

its a PL. longer than the P

The PL is slightly undermounted on the EQ3-2 in my opinion. It's a long tube so a better mount for visual would be the EQ5 / CG5 on the tubular steel legs. For imaging you would need something more substantial.

Short of changing your mount, motor drives and a motor focuser would help as they reduce the need to touch the scope directly. If your EQ3-2 has the aluminum tripod legs, replacing these with a set of the EQ5 steel ones is easy and adds stability too.

I get no wobble on my EQ3-2 when using the slow mo cables. I get a whole heap when focusing but its smooth when im actually moving the scope around. can you hear any grinding/sqweeking coming from the mechanism? Also is the scope balanced on the mount?

And yes the PL is longer than the P 1000mm compared to 750mm approx

Archived