Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TAL x3 Barlow, Stock?

Zaphod360

Hi,

Don't you hate it when you finally decide to buy something no one has stock, and worse still it doesn't look like anyone will be getting stock for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone in here know anywhere with them in stock?

Please help, I've got cash burning a whole in my pocket!

A google search bought this up X3 Tal Barlow Lens 1 25 31 7mm - Ovl452 - Astronomical Accessories - Telescopes - by Skywatcher - X3 Apparently in stock tomorrow but not the cheapest ive seen them. Ill be picking one of these up also in the not too distant future

Edit...looks like Green Witch has them

http://green-witch.com/acatalog/Barlows.html

Does it need to be 3x? I've just ordered one of these

Revelation Astro 2.5x Barlow Lens 1.25"

to go with my Orion shorty plus 2x as it seems to be very similar in construction and is also 3 element. The 2x Shorty-plus has been excellent, and at £31 delivered this 2.5x is definitely worth a punt.

Shame there isn't a 3x version...

A google search bought this up X3 Tal Barlow Lens 1 25 31 7mm - Ovl452 - Astronomical Accessories - Telescopes - by Skywatcher - X3 Apparently in stock tomorrow but not the cheapest ive seen them. Ill be picking one of these up also in the not too distant future

Edit...looks like Green Witch has them

Buy Barlow Lenses from Green Witch

Am chasing a decent 3x Barlow myself - Greenwitch have confirmed that they have no stock and not expected a definitive timescale for new delivery!

Can anybody else recommend where to get one of these? Are TAL Barlows really that good? What about Antares of similar cost (approx 50-60 quid?)

SW and Tal are two different things. No such thing as a Skywatcher Tal.

The 1st image is a SW 2x

And the 2nd is a Tal 2x

Both cost about the same but the Tal barlows seem to be like gold dust these days. Out of stock everywhere.

SW EP's,light pollution filters etc really are not that bad. So i can only imagine their Barlows are of the same quality.

post-18019-133877684845_thumb.jpg

post-18019-133877684846_thumb.jpg

That's what I thought however the following sites list Skywatcher Tal x3 Barlows that look the same as the TAL barlow on Rother Valley Optics:

Camera Centre Link

Stockport Binocular & Telescope Link

This image is from Stockport Binocular & Telescope website:

It says Skywatcher Barlow Lenses:

(A) 2x Deluxe Barlow, (:D 2x Tal Barlow, © x3 Tal Barlow

barlowsskywatcher.gif

What do you think?

B & C are the TAL barlows.

Both Skywatcher & TAL products are in the OVL (Optical Vision Ltd ::Telescopes, Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Microscopes by OVL) catalogue. I assume that as OVL are the importer (and therefore the source) of both Skywatcher and TAL products, the sellers have listed these together. And they have missed out the & (Skywatcher & TAL) that would make it clear.

Does it need to be 3x? I've just ordered one of these

Revelation Astro 2.5x Barlow Lens 1.25"

to go with my Orion shorty plus 2x as it seems to be very similar in construction and is also 3 element. The 2x Shorty-plus has been excellent, and at £31 delivered this 2.5x is definitely worth a punt.

Shame there isn't a 3x version...

Hi, is this barlow any good? I'm thinking of buying this one.

Archived