Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Revelation Newtonian Crayford Focuser Dual Speed

I recently acquired one of these to upgrade the single speed on my SWA 250PX. It allegedly fits most 9" to 15" dobs.

When I have come to fit it though the hole on the flextube is so large that I don't have space to drill the new screw holes :D.

Does anyone know of a mounting plate that can be used with the Revelation focuser?

I've asked the question of a dealer as well. If they come back with anything I will update.

Thanks

Cheers, have asked the question ... fingers crossed on the response.

For reference a supplier came back and said there was no mounting plate and that my options were to make my own :)

My metal work skills haven't been used since I replace the exhaust on my Capri 2.8i :D back in 1989!

Cheers, have asked the question ... fingers crossed on the response.

For reference a supplier came back and said there was no mounting plate and that my options were to make my own :)

My metal work skills haven't been used since I replace the exhaust on my Capri 2.8i :D back in 1989!

Hmm, I must confess I misread your post and thought it said 200 rather than 250 :o

For what little it's worth, I used the plate I referred you to on a 200P, but have since made my own plate (carbon fibre 1mm) for my newer focuser (Steeltrack.) It's not that bad of a job!

I may be speaking thru innapropriate aperture here but I'm sure I saw a piece somewhere where the upgrader used the backing plate from the original focuser. He had to drill some new holes and do a bit of painting, but it looked good.

I've been very fortunate to have been offered a wide Skywatcher base plate, which I have duly snapped up (Thanks to Kh3ldar for the heads up and to John for responding to promptly).

I'm planning on selling the original, so didn't want to break it down - although it was something I did initially think about.

I have now received the new plate, fitted it and all is well ... I now just need an extender - it is not cool to hold your Panaview freehand whilst looking at the Pleiades! :)

I know that feeling lol ;) Well done, make sure you get some nice 2" ones with compression rings.

Archived