Skywatcher 250px Auto! [ Attention FLO ]

I was thinking of saving up for a 250px auto. However they are not on sale as anymore? I found that the 200 and 300 is though? My only choice really is to wait or go for a 200p syncscan :D If I save and sell my current of course! But will there be a noticeable difference when I see Orion etc? I really want to get old of a 250px auto. But is there much difference between the current motors on it and the Synscan versions of it? Why has Skywatcher stopped selling the auto's if anybody knows?

Please respond,

Did you not buy your scope last month? (I nearly bought it on ebay myself)

Maybe a star atlas might be more useful to you than just upgrading your scope for the GOTO function...

GOTO is not going to improve your view of Orion. Only a 12 or 16 inch is going to do that!

A 10" dob and should keep the average stargazer happy for a lifetime. :D

i would send them a message on the First Light Optics : Login

they usally reply fairly quick (within business hours but i have had a messege outside it before)

from what iv heard the zend type help if u post a update to a "help" topic on there it bumps it to the bottem of the pile so if u do use it leave a suituable amount of time

otherwise theres always ringing : 01392 826 133 but again business hrs 9 - 5

the HEQ5 syntrek resently was discontuned also, steve pointed us towards a potentional "slow down" on a seperate thread so i can only assume the px auto suffered the same fait of canabolizing the 200p and 300p synscan models base

hope this helps

gaz

The 250PX Auto has been discontinued. I couldn't find anywhere that had any, including FLO.

The 300P Auto has apparently also been discontinued but I managed to get one via Harrisons. I think FLO can also get them.

Hi George

The auto version only tracks objects the Synscan model is GOTO. There are much cheaper ways of tracking with dobs like adding an EQP to your existing 250PX. I had mine at PSP and you could have had a look at it if I had known. They can be purchased commercially but they are expensive. A few members have made their own for around £100. http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/134113-eq-platform-help.html The advantage of an EQP is you get to keep it if you sell your dob for a larger one in the future.

Hi George

The auto version only tracks objects the Synscan model is GOTO. There are much cheaper ways of tracking with dobs like adding an EQP to your existing 250PX. I had mine at PSP and you could have had a look at it if I had known. They can be purchased commercially but they are expensive. A few members have made their own for around £100. http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/134113-eq-platform-help.html The advantage of an EQP is you get to keep it if you sell your dob for a larger one in the future.

I love this! I would love the compact commercial version but £605 :D I have no chance of building one :) Any advice?

Archived