Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

31mm or 36mm Aspheric

Dave-Ryan

I'm thinking of buying either a 31mm or 36mm Baader Aspheric eyepiece to use with my 10" LX200 but am not sure which of the two would give me the best views.

Does anyone have any experiance with these two eyepieces and a 10" LX200 or maybe a different 10" telescope?

I also have a ED80 refractor and was wondering if either eyepiece would give good views with this.

It really depends on what you're going for. Wide field finder eyepiece? Something to primarily observe DSO's with? Both?

Both these eyepieces should perform well with your scopes, so it really depends on how much magnification and true field you want..

Hello, i owned a 36mm and generally liked it. But even at f10 it was not sharp accross the whole fiyeld... if it were my money i would get a second had panoptic as its better in the long run

I agree that this the experience I have had with my 36mm Aspheric with my relatively fast f/6.3 refractor.

However a 35mm Panoptic costs over twice the price of the aspheric so it depends in how much you want to spend.

I did upgrade to the 35mm Panoptic however along with cost it is twice as heavy and twice the size.

The 35mm Skywatcher Aero ED is another nice ep in that price range. I had it for a short time and although again not sharp to the edge at f6 it was a pretty nice eyepiece. On axis it was really sharp. I don't think the 36mm Hyperion works well with the ED80, (MjrTom) i am sure will confirm this in due course.

I know it may not help...but I've been using the TV 32mm Plossl for the past twenty years on various SCT's - I find it excellent. They come up s/h occasionally.

(I also have the TV 40mm plossl - which I don't use - it's not as "friendly" as the 32mm)

Just my 0.02euro

I have owned my 10" SCT for a while and never felt satified with the FOV limitations until i brought the 41mm, until then i always felt i wasnt getting the most out of my scope, getting a maximum wide field eyepiece should help with that Shut In Feeling some people get with SCT's

at 36mm you are still pretty far from the Max possible field in a 2" eyepiece,

if you cant stretch to a panoptic i would try the aero as i have heard good things

Archived