NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can anyone recommend a decent low mag eyepice for my cpc925?

Hello all

I am looking to replace the 40mm plossl eyepiece that came with my recently bought CPC925 scope. I find the 40mm fairly difficult to look through compared to my other Hyperion Zoom3 eyepiece that I have bought since buying the scope. I am looking for something nicer if possible.

Can someone recommend a decent ~40mm eyepiece that will be an improvment on the plossl? My budget is £80-120. If my budget is not enough for what I need then I would like to know that also.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Chris

p.s. I can't believe how cloudy it's been since I got my scope in July. Is this the norm?

A few people on this forum also use the Baader Aspheric 31mm or 36mm eyepieces in this type of scope.

EDIT: I have listed one for sale in my signature. This bears no part in my decision to recommend. Its being sold this weekend. :)

A 32mm Panoptic is superb in my 925 - but that's a fair bit over your budget - £150-£200 s/h. I also use a WO 40mm swan which is ok'ish. Good question though - don't think I know something that of that size/price. There's plenty of them in the £40 - £50 range GSO's aren't bad, BST's I didn't try but heard plenty of good reports. :)

I have a TMB Paragon 40mm in my C8 which is great. Teleskop-Service sells clones of these for 148 euros. If they are anything like mine they are excellent. Comfortable eye relief (my old Plossl 36 had really uncomfortably long eye relief), very good image quality and much bigger FOV. You do need a 2" visual back and diagonal.

Archived