NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help Getting Atik Adapter Out Of EFW2 Filter Wheel

steve2310

Morning all

Well, my Atik M54 to M42 adapter arrived earlier in the week enabling me to use WO Megrez 72 with my chosen field flattener and EFW2 filter wheel (hooray!) Anyway, as we have had a couple of nights of clear skies I have been out in the cold, happily imaging away until the small hours.

However, when I came to pack my equipment away I could not for the life of get the Atik adapter to unscrew from the filter wheel. Without forcing the issue too much I decided to sleep on it but damn, I cannot get the bl**dy thing to unscrew.

Being close to tears I thought I'd come grovelling the SGL guys and girls in the hope that someone might have a solution?

Any ideas please anyone.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Now the equipment has warmed up it might come free? How about those kitchen utensils for getting the tops from jars, used very carefully of course, or lastly a tiny spot of WD40 put on the joint. I have sprayed a small screwdriver with WD then with the tiny drip on the end touched the thread then leave it for 10min and try again, usually works.

Rob

If you havnt solved yet then try putting the kit over a radiator and have a bag of crushed ice ready in the freezer... Once the gears warn wrap the crushed ice bag around the offending nose piece and hold it tightly for 5 mins,,, try that, it worked for me on a filter wheel and nose piece..

Good luck..

Archived