Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Obsy Project - Roll Away Shed.

Rols

i certainly will, i too am intrigued as to how it will all fit together, i asked him to confirm some plans but i don't know what detail he will goto, he may think i'm asking a little too much if i ask him to detail the rail system. I will certainly keep you all updated with some pics and drawings if i get them..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Took a look at a mock up of the shed and roof today, was mostly intrested in how the roof was supported, i was not as impressed with it as i was hoping to be, but i think with a little rework and some metal guides not wooden it may just do the trick. i will get back to you all as and when it starts to take on a shape i am happy with. as far as the telescopic wings to support the roof i am yet to see them in the design (i don't think i will) but as far as the roof being able to support its own weight it certainly looked like it would but with the design i see i don't think it would do it for long.

Will pop back when i have seen the metal roof design and let you know if i intend to go ahead.

• 1 month later...

Well I have been holding off trying to make a decision of what was best to do before I came and updated you on what had occurred.

The shed with the winged roof seems to have become a non starter as I have now been waiting for a solid plan to come together for a while, stupidly I have fitted the base and set the pier foundation for the shed so no roll off shed now.

I'm now left making the best of what I have started so I intend to do the build myself based on the gents original idea. I need to sit and work out the double sliding (winged) roof and roller system and get the hight dimensions confirmed without having the pier and telescope mounted. I like a challenge.

all things considered I'm looking forward to it, I have not looked through a scope since I decided on this project and will be glad to get it functioning again I have missed too much gazing time already. And I'm completely fed up of reading books about it.

The build all be it different continues, pictures of the base and pier base to follow shortly.

Just some quick progress pics so you know i havent been sitting on my hands and just talking about it. or reading. or wishing it was done. or reading. or wishing it was done. :)

The base went in with a square hole 3ft down and 2ft tall but on closer observations and a change of mind (Sorry Graham) it was worked out that a 2ft square in a 5x5 building was just plain stupid so i went and found some 450mm inspection chambers (round) that are less bulky when raised by 360mm out the floor, these although not that much smaller seem a lot better for your feet to move around, should i want to go visual at the EP. the plastic insspection chamber is very rigid and will stay on to keep the asthetics nice and over all i am very pleased with the decision. on top of the raised base will sit the LANEK DL2 that will automate the scope up and down out of the Stowe roof.

anyway here is a pic to give you a feel for the work done, not much to look at but anyone that has done this will know its not the easy bit....

maybe not then as i cant find an upload button only a url link to the pics and with no url there is no pics.

When is the easy bit??

• 2 weeks later...

post-21437-133877716579_thumb.gif

Picture to left was taken about 1 week before Christmas just after the inspection tubes had turned up and been fitted to the hole for position and leveling, i got that nice and snug. i ordered 2 of them so i could achieve the raised hight i required to ake me over the fence, they were perfect for this application but a little pricey.

picture to the right shows the chamber being set and leveled with expanding foam this will hold it in position while being filled with concrete, 3.99 a can from screw fix is well worth the money for the foam, the nice thing is i can cut it off flush and forget about it, the ribbed sides of the chamber will be well set into the foam, and the top section can be filled to te brim and the concrete smoothed as required for the Pier to seat on nicely. i have a patch of industrial grade flooring to cover the top after the pier has been fitted.

thats it for now next photo will be the Stowe errected and the roof being fitted.

post-21437-133877716574_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I put some more thought into the electrics today, i was thinking a couple of doubles at the base of the scope as i expect most of it to run off the mains, an a couple more doubles in the corner to run the remote computer and accessories from. i thought if i fitted a small RCD in to protect from hazard and a small alarm system that had a remote key for operation that would be about as best as i was going to get it.

any suggestions before i move forward over the next couple of weekends?

Archived