Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flexible control cables

Space Beagle

I do also have drives on my EQ5,, but I don't use them to be honest. I don't do imaging at the moment just visual stuff, so the FCC's work for me. They make all the difference when using the Tal on the EQ5, which is quite a long scope, so reaching for the standard control knobs can be a little awkward at times!!

Doc

I think they are a great deal easier than trying to get a Synscan to work, I have a Synscan on my AZ GOTO MOUNT and also a Supatrack Handset which came with my Skywatcher 127 Mak and have gone back to using that as its simple but yeah FFC are gr8!

I'm looking at getting two sets of these myself, so I can attach them from both sides. You can't beat simplicity. Yea motors are nice with the ability to track for a few minutes, but when I see problems people sometime have with motors, powetanks, or anything in between, resulting in unbelievably long setup times... no thanks. For just visual, which is what I use my scope for, you can't beat the practicality and simplicity of these. Plug them on, spend less time dealing with technicalities and more time looking through the eyepiece.

Archived