Calling time on Crayfords.

The tubes are the correct length for most observers. For imagers using their FLT telescopes WO offer an extension tube (think of it as a body extension tube, not a focus extender) which reduces the required drawtube extension. That is definitely the case for the FLT-110 and FLT-132, possibly others too (I'll check).

Steve

where does one get them and How much are these ext?

Steve

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very entertaining thread with all the various opinions expressed. :rolleyes:

While the FT R&P is simply the best I've ever used, and at over £600.00 it should be, the Baader Steeltrack gets my nomination as a best buy in focusers. It simply works properly right out of the box without the need for any adjustments, handles a decent load and has lovely smooth focusing action. Shows what some proper quality control can do for a simple Crayford design.

John

A very entertaining thread with all the various opinions expressed. :rolleyes:

While the FT R&P is simply the best I've ever used, and at over £600.00 it should be, the Baader Steeltrack gets my nomination as a best buy in focusers. It simply works properly right out of the box without the need for any adjustments, handles a decent load and has lovely smooth focusing action. Shows what some proper quality control can do for a simple Crayford design.

John

I have to admit, I'm leaning quite heavily in the direction of the Baader Steeltrack together with the Baader Steeldrive when I get around to upgrading my focuser. It's gonna be a while yet though ... ;)

where does one get them and How much are these ext?

First Light Optics - William Optics 2-inch Extender FLT

We don't sell many, perhaps one per year. I guess either it isn't as necessary as this thread suggests or people don't know it exists. I'll link it to the FLT-110 and FLT-132 listings then check with WO regarding compatibility with other models.

HTH,

Steve

Archived