NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Win7 64 bit QHY5v, PHD, EQMod etc.

Gunnar

Hi

I just bought a QHY5 and have HEQ5 Pro + Win 7 64bit. The only problem I have had is that if you go into ASCOM diagnostics and select camera after selexting QHY5 an error message appears saying the device is registered as 64 bit but the driver is 32 bit please contact ........vendor

Also when I first go into PHD an error message appears but if I ignore it PHD works OK. Also if I come out of PHD and then restart it the error does not show!!

Hi

Yes I checked and as far as filenames go everything on the supplied CDROM looks Ok. I haven't got round to uninstall and redo yet but I have asked the distributers for an explaination. If I get a solution I'll post it here

Hi

I've just done some checking, uninstalled and reinstalled 3 or 4 times. Last time directly from the QHY site. The culprit is the QHY Ascom driver it is registered as a 32 bit program and indeed installs to (X86) which shows it as 32 bit. The message I get is that a 32bit installer has been used to install a 64 bit capable driver.

The error now only occurs when I select Camera/QHY5 in Ascom Dianostics so I'll just live with.

If everything worked I'd be perfect ;-)

Hi

Impatience rules. I just spotted the other "error" if you put the camera in a different USB port it has to load the driver once per port. If (as I was) you are too quick running up PHD and the driver is still installing it comes up with the error message. I think windows 7 is too subtle the loading driver message is down on the bottom right so is easy to miss.

I seem to remember other versions of Windows displaying the message in the middle of the screen so you didn't miss it.

All I need now is a cloud free evening OK maybe that's too much to ask for this far away form Xmas

Archived