Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Oh look....It's another Pacman (9hrs)

SlipperySquid

Well this is the last of my images for now, I think I'm going to have a rest for a while as imaging and work are fighting each other for dominance and my body has surrendered :(.

NGC281 Pacman nebula in the constellation of Cassiopeia.

9hrs total imaging time with three hours per channel (HA,SII AND OIII)

3hours per channel in a mixture of 10 and 15 minute subs, sky conditions poor.

Using the Megrez 72 and the venerable Atik 16hr

Skies where not very good with a lot of high haze and the image has been cropped slightly to get rid of the colour stacking overlaps.

Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop Sorry about the framing but the Ha data was way off as I did that on the first night :D

Tried something a bit different to bring out the darker gas clouds around the centre. I also tried to tone down the colours but lost a bit of the central blue hue (May go back to the drawing board) but overall I'm happy.

So sorry for yet another Pacman...Just say's it's brilliant, pop a pound in my paypal account (really need an Atik 383l :) ) and move along!:)

Clear skies all,

Matt.

post-17960-133877671941_thumb.jpg

Cheers Martin, I noticed the background and the blotchyness I think is an artifact from stretching after using DBE in pixinsight (Had a slight purple gradient on the right and green on the left) Any help would be greatly received Martin, Fire away!

Cheers,

Matt.

Try the SNCR noise reduction tool in Pixinsight - set it to green, check the preserve luminance tab and adjust the slider to taste.

Archived