Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My new scope :D

Keiran

Hi all,

I have been debating whether or not to buy one of these since they came about. Now they are becoming rare to buy, I thought its either now or never.

I managed to get hold of one of the last William Optics GT-81 from Ian King :( (Thanks for your help)

I thought i would take some piccys and share them...

bulldog_keiran-albums-equipment-picture13797-gt-81-back-pack.jpg

bulldog_keiran-albums-equipment-picture13798-gt-81-back-pack-scope.jpg

bulldog_keiran-albums-equipment-picture13804-william-optics-gt-81-tube-rings-front.jpg

I didnt need to remove the handle to attach the rings, but the rings need to be removed to put the scope back in the back pack.

The handle looks like it can also be used as a sight, which i like the idea of, but we will have to see how it works in practise.

I also like the thermometer on the new DDG focuser.

bulldog_keiran-albums-equipment-picture13802-william-optics-gt-81-megrez-72.jpg

Im not sure how i am going to use this in conjunction with my Megrez 72 or the ST80... Guide with either? or maybe double stack the 81 and 72 and image with both, and guide with the ST80, ill have to experiment.

Thanks all for looking and i cant wait to field test this :)

Keiran

Thanks guys... Matt, that was one of my first tasks, after abit of visual :) Im interested to see the difference between the two. When i had a play with it last night, i must say it feels really nicely made.

looked through one of these at Kelling and they are very nice, i understand though that there can be some problems with the digital read out focus thingy on the top, they don`t all work properly which is not like William Optics equipment, but i don`t really understand why you need on of these anyway

I have had a play with the digi focus.... I suppose you can easily remember where your EP/Camera are focused as they would be different. Only down fall, as Deneb pointed out, theres no light on it, so useles in the dark

Archived